Pre-filling of IES via SAF-T
Simplification measure of the IES pre-filling will be maintained.
On June 9, 2021, proposals were voted on to repeal the entire process (of companies sending the SAF-T accounting file to the Tax Authority in order to pre-fill the IES), and were voted down.
What does it imply?
Mandatory delivery to the Tax Authority (TA) of the SAF-T Accounting file for 2021 and subsequent years;
Need to ensure compliance of the SAF-T Accounting file being crucial to ensure that it is valid to be accepted in accordance with the rules defined by the TA;
Crucial to guarantee the quality of the data contained in the SAF-T Accounting file, since the existence of errors in the reported data will be amplified through its communication to the Commercial Registry Office, INE, and the Bank of Portugal;
And even though I don't have to deliver the IES via SAF-T with 2021 data, am I required to have a compliant SAF-T Accounting file?
Yes, the TA requests the SAF-T file as part of its inspection activity;
The failure to deliver or delivery of the file with inaccurate/erroneous data results in the application of tax fines/penalties ranging from €250 to €22.500 (according to Article 120.1 of the General Regime of Tax Infractions - RGIT);
And what are the most common impacts of not having a correct SAF-T Accounting file, and not making the accounting entries on time and without errors?
Incorrect filling out or inability to deliver IES (with the risk of being rejected for external funding);
Fines for exceeding the 90-day deadline for bookkeeping, in the amount of €250 to €5.000 (pursuant to Article 121.2 of the General Regime of Tax Infractions - RGIT);
Increased dispute with the TA, time spent and application of fines arising from the inspection process, resulting from the justification of erroneous data (may be false positives) contained in SAF-T, and new issues may be raised that will need to be clarified.
col.bi is the solution for you and your company, because it allows you, among others:
1. Validate and analyze all the information contained in the SAF-T file, before sending it to the Tax Authority (either for a tax inspection or for submitting the IES), reducing the risk of tax litigation and dispute with the Tax Authority, ensuring that you are sure of the information you report;
2. Reduce costs by reducing the time (and opportunity cost) of handling these processes manually;
3. Automatically produce the Financial Statements, according to the mapping of taxonomies to the Balance Sheet and Income Statement items defined by the Tax Authority;
4. Configure appropriate audit rules for your organization's reality, for a more effective and efficient audit;
5. Automatically produce management reporting to support decision making;
Contact us and ensure, in advance, the compliance of the information you report and the correct pre-filling of IES with col.bi.